Speaker Series: Stuart Dybek
STUART DYBEK Presents Ecstatic Cahoots and Paper Lantern
Tuesday, September 30, 2014 at 6 PM
Please join us as we welcome back acclaimed writer and Loyola alumnus Stuart Dybek (BS ’64, MA ’68). 2014 marks the publication of both Ecstatic Cahoots: Fifty Short Stories and Paper Lantern: Love Stories, on which Mr. Dybek will speak and which will be available for purchasing and signing by the author.[continue reading...]
For thousands of years, libraries have been at the heart of the academic enterprise. When you become a member of the Friends of the Loyola University Chicago Libraries you sustain that age-old tradition and propel it into the modern age. As President of the Friends and a member of the faculty, I know that your support for our libraries makes it possible to provide our students, faculty and alumni with the best resources available. This, in turn, enables them to contribute to the world’s store of knowledge, compete for employment or enrich their lives as full members of the global community of learning.
Participation in our group provides you with opportunities to meet people who share an interest in and enthusiasm for learning, books, libraries and reading. It also helps foster an understanding of and appreciation for all of Loyola University Chicago’s libraries and their special collections. We encourage you to join us as we aspire to provide a gateway to the world of information and scholarship.Robert Bucholz, D.Phil.; F.R.Hist.S. Professor of History President, Friends of the Loyola University Chicago Libraries
- Provide opportunities for meeting persons who share an interest in and enthusiasm for books, libraries, and reading
- Encourage and attract gifts in the form of bequests, endowments, books, manuscripts, and other appropriate materials
- Involve individuals in the Chicago area in library programs and activities
- Foster an understanding of and appreciation for all Loyola University Chicago’s libraries and their special collections
- Underscore the importance of Loyola’s libraries in fulfilling the University’s mission
As Dean of the University Libraries, I am proud to lead the Friends of the Libraries. Your support will help us continue to provide top-quality resources, services, and events for our students, faculty, and the greater Loyola community.
The Friends support our vision and goals through membership and action. We invite you to help us make a difference. Thank you for support and loyalty to our libraries.