Wed 21 Nov 2012
2010-2011 and Cudahy Reference (Subscription cancelled effective Jan. 1, 2005)1984/1988-1994/1998, 1999/2004
Short Story Index Trial Link (active for 60 days):
http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,uid&profile=ehost&defaultdb=ssx*Short Story Index = $2,500 This database is an essential resource for readers seeking short stories by author or genre, or for those researching a body of work of a literary figure. Short Story Index provides detailed indexing for hundreds of thousands of short stories, as well as full text for thousands of stories. Short Story Index is searchable by author, title, subject, keyword, date, literary technique and source, or by any combination of terms.
- Detailed indexing of more than 117,000 stories from more than 4,200 collections and anthologies
- Full text for nearly 5,000 stories
- Coverage dating as far back as 1984
*Poetry & Short Story Reference Center = $7,390
Poetry & Short Story Reference Center provides a historically rich collection of hundreds of thousands of classic and contemporary full-text poems, as well as short stories, biographies and authoritative essays on such topics as poetic forms, movements and techniques.This full-text database incorporates contemporary content from the finest publishers including Knopf, Houghton Mifflin, New Directions, Copper Canyon Press and dozens of authors and Estates, as well as Critical Survey of Poetry and Critical Survey of Short Fiction, and other major respected reference books and literary journals.
This database contains selected works of major and minor American and English poets, along with international poetry with representation from each continent (accompanied by English translations, when available); Plays and Speeches; Short Stories and Classic Books; Biographies; Critical Analyses; Contextual Essays and Explications for important works; Essays on Poetic Forms, Terms, Techniques and Movements; Multimedia / Audio & Video of poets reading their works; and interviews from reputable sources like the Academy of American Poets, the Poetry Foundation and MacNeil/Lehrer Productions.
Poetry & Short Story Reference Center contains:
- Over 660,000 full-text poems, both classic and contemporary
- More than 43,000 full-text short stories, both classic and contemporary
- Over 10,000 dramatic works
- More than 2,300 audio recordings of poets reading their own works from Academy of American Poets, poets reading works of other poets and podcasts from The Poetry Magazine
- More than 45 videos provided by Academy of American Poets and MacNeil/Lehrer Productions
- Over 450 explications of both classic and contemporary poems
- Over 500 eBooks focused on poetry, drama and short stories
- Over 30 Teaching & Learning Guides featuring specific lesson plans and tips for assignments specifically crafted for this database, along with 20 Lesson Plans/labs from The Poetry Foundation
Also, I will provide a comparison report of the two resources once that is available. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.