In order to ensure that the planned digital repository meets the needs of its intended audience and that faculty and administrators have the ability to comment on the objectives and goals of the project, the University Libraries have convened an advisory committee representing a wide variety of stakeholders from across the university academic community.
The Advisory Committee provides a structured forum for project leaders to present ideas and updates on the development of the repository to faculty, staff, and administrators representing key stakeholder groups. The Advisory Committee will: provide feedback on proposed project plans; help set priorities; facilitate a dialogue on open access and scholarly communication practices at Loyola; offer advice on how to market the repository to the campus community and encourage participation; help identify and recruit content for the collections; and assist with integrating the repository into existing institutional research infrastructure and workflows. Committee members will serve as liaisons for the project to their respective offices or departments and to the university at large.
Advisory Committee, FY2011-12:
- Robert Seal, Dean of Libraries (chair)
- Fred Barnhart, Associate Dean for Library Services and Collections
- Megan Dougherty, Assistant Professor, School of Communication
- Eben English, Digital Services Librarian
- Steve Jones, Professor, English
- Robert Mc Nees, Assistant Professor, Physics
- Chulin Meng, Head of Library Systems
- Kelly Moore, Associate Professor, Sociology
- Bill Sellers, Director, Office of Research
- Jim Sibenaller, Director, Enterprise Architecture & Project Management, Information Technology Services
- George Thiruvathukal , Associate Professor, Computer Science
- Nancy Tuchman, Vice Provost
Faculty and staff interested in serving on the advisory committee should contact Robert Seal, Dean of Libraries, at rseal [at] luc.edu or 773-508-2657.