The Loyola University Libraries facilitate the pursuit of knowledge and creativity through user-focused services and collections in an inviting, collaborative, and innovative learning environment.
Designed by noted Chicago architect Andrew N. Rebori in the art deco/moderne style, the Elizabeth M. Cudahy Memorial Library on Loyola’s Lakeshore campus in Rogers Park was dedicated on June 8, 1930. In 1969 a wrap-around addition was put on the original Elizabeth M. Cudahy Memorial Library, and in 2008 the newest addition to the library, the Information Commons (IC), opened. Cudahy Library is the main library of Loyola University Chicago, and houses the university’s fine arts, humanities, science and social sciences collections as well as the University Archives and government document depository collections. The Cudahy physical collections comprise more than 900,000 volumes and 3,200 periodical subscriptions; online resources include hundreds of research databases, thousands of e-books, and over 35,000 journal titles.
Meanwhile, the Lewis Library of Loyola University Chicago at the Watertower (downtown) Loyola Campus houses the university’s business, criminal justice, economics, education, and social work collections. Lewis Library occupies four floors of the Corboy Law Center (6th-9th floors). The Lewis physical collections comprise more than 250,000 volumes and 1,500 periodical subscriptions; online resources include hundreds of research databases, thousands of e-books, and over 35,000 journal titles.